Hello Everyone--We're back online again.
We are in Kingman, Arizona. We spent Thursday night in Yosemite National Park (have a story to tell about that), and we spent last night in Mammoth Lakes, CA-- a few miles from Yosemite on the "East Side". Neither places had wireless internet, but the motel last night did have resident bears--when we came in last night from eating--about 10 o'clock, there was a bear by where we parked. We didn't see it until we got out of the car. It was just a few feet away from Charles, but, it loped away when it saw us. We asked about it at breakfast this morning, and the motel owner said several bears had a routine route every night, where they checked out the dumpsters. Anyway, Yosemite was awesome. Today, we drove through Death Valley--the highest temperature my car recorded was 117 degrees. We are going to the Grand Canyon tomorrow and then head home. It is looking like we will be home some time on Tuesday--that's only a day later than we projected. We have logged a lot of miles and are ready to be home. It's 6:45 here, and we need to eat and do laundry. I will try to post pictures later tonight.
Love,
Mimi
P.S. Drew--we really did like the coast--we stopped at Tillamook and got cheese curds; however, we have eaten most of them--wish I had that Tillamook Mudslide ice cream right now. We had a wonderful time in Portland. Thanks for showing us around. Hope things are going well for you.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's good to hear from you, I was getting worried I had kept you from posting with my spelling critiques... I'm packing like crazy here. The girls are picking wild blueberries up near the border for the weekend so I have the house to myself (if you don't count all the critters who all sleep with me when the girls are gone). Drive carefully!
Post a Comment