Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tuesday--Week 2 Continued

This is a true glacier. Glaciers form between two mountains. They don't melt completely during the summer, so they become like a chunk of ice. They get bigger and bigger year after year, and they begin to move down the mountains--carving out a kind hole as they move. It is projected there won't be any glaciers in GlacierNP by 2030 because of global warming. They said there is only 25% of the amount of glaciers now that were there in 1850. It must have been pretty awesome then.



Actually, it's Wed morning. I worked until 1 oclock last night, but I didn't post everything I wanted to, so I will try again. Kate and Abby, what type of souvenir would you like? I'm thinking that a t-shirt might not be what you would like. Anyway, I'm going to try to stay on the internet long enough to upload a couple of pictures--well, one is a video--thought you would enjoy hearing the sound of the water coming out of the mountains. Ya'll have a good day.

Love,
Mimi

I don't know how to rotate this picture, but maybe you will like it. This is the sound of the water coming down from the mountain.

No comments: