Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tuesday

Hello Everyone,
Sorry I didn't get a blog out yesterday. We spent the night in Durango, and the room was so far from the front office that we couldn't get wifi. Actually, it's Wed. morning and I am sitting in the car in front of the hotel, charging my computer battery, and using their wifi.
Anyway, we had an interesting day yesterday. We took the narrow gauge from Durango to Silverton--beautiful scenery. The engine on the train got a wheel bearing that was heating, so we stopped lots of time for them to water it and cool it off--sometimes from the river, and sometimes from the water tanks along the way, and sometimes with bottled water.
We ate lunch in Silverton at 2 o:clock, left at 4 :15 and got back to Durango about 7:30. We FINALLY found a place to stay and then went to ea--the most wonderful scallop entree that you can imagine.
So we are off this morning to Utah--plan to go through Salt Lake City--don;t know where else--on our way to Yellowstone.
Matt, I will try to get pictures of beautiful women--but they might really think I'm strange--maybe the mullets are a better idea.
Nikki, welcome aboard--I'm happy that you would want to join our expedition.

No comments: