Taken in Monument National Park
This is in Monument National Park
This was taken from the car somewhere along the highway.Hello from Torrey, Utah,
Holy Moly, what a day! We have spent most of the day driving in southern Utah. We saw VERY few cars, except at National Monument, and some on the ferry at Hall's Crossing at Lake Powell. We are amazed at how fast the scenery and formations change in texture and color. We have tried to take pictures of it, but it is just too big for the pictures to do it justice. Torrey, Utah is unique in that you drive and drive and drive and there are no houses--then you get to Torrey and there are 7 or 8 nice motels/hotels, and places to eat. We ate at Cafe Diablo tonight, which has been named the best restaurant in southern Utah and is also included in the book "1000 Places to Visit before You Die." The food was excellent.
Drew--I'm sorry you haven't been able to reach us--I check my phone quite often during the day--sometimes I have bars, and sometimes I don't--we have been in some pretty remote places. I wish I could give you some kind of hint when we will get to Portland. We are going to Salt Lake City tomorrow and on to Yellowstone on Friday. (I think.) I don't know how long we will be at Yellowstone--probably not over a day. I'll ask Grandpa to call you tomorrow and maybe let you know more about our whereabouts. We are looking forward to seeing you. Don't worry about having to work--we understand that if we don't even know when we will be there, it would be impossible for you to plan a schedule around us.
Anyway, it's getting late. I'm going to send some pictures, but they don't do a good job of showing the awesome scenery that we saw today.
Love,
Mimi
No comments:
Post a Comment