This mountain goat came down from the mountains and posed for us.
This is a marmot. It was at one of the observation stations in the high mountains.
This is a cast of a grizzly track--note the cell phone for size.
This was taken from the car somewhere in Alberta Canada on the way to British Columbia. Quite a bit of difference, but not many miles--These pictures are all out of order--I have such a crummy connection--I keep getting bumped offline and have to start all over--hope some of it makes sense.
This is a tracking collar worn by a grizzly.
These falls are from melting snow, and they just came out of the rocks and down the mountains. There were lots of them.
More melting snow and cascading waterfalls.
A high mountain valley.
Snow-capped mountain peaks.
Lake Macdonald. A large hole was formed by a glacier, and it became a lake. It is about 450-480 feet deep.
Another mountain with snow and water running down in the valley.Hello from Cranbrook, British Columbia
Hope this finds everyone well and happy. We spent the night in West Glacier, MT last night. It was about 3 miles from Glacier National Park. We didn't have any telephone, tv, or internet, so I couldn't post anything.
Tonight we are in Cranbrook. It's 66 degrees here, and it's supposed to be 53 tonight. Glacier Park was beautiful. Matt wants me to post more pictures, and I really have them this time. My internet connection is not very good, so I'll do what I can.
Drew, thanks for being so patient with us. We are SLOWLY making our way to Portland, and I think we will be there late Thursday. Grandpa said we had about 550 more miles to Vancouver, but I think we will go back to the US before then and drive through some of Washington state. Anywhere you want to show us will be fine with me. I am looking forward to maybe eating some Dungeness crab somewhere around Portland.
Amy, I'm glad your garage sale was a success and you figured what to do to get back online with us.
Lori and Becky, I haven't heard anything from you--what's going on in your world.
Can't think of anything exciting here, so I will work on uploading the pictures--I think they are awesome.
Devon, tell Annie hello for me--I sure she misses me; and tell Brooke, Kamryn, and Blake hello for me also--I think Kamryn might miss me a little--I sure do miss everyone.
Devon, tell Annie hello for me--I sure she misses me; and tell Brooke, Kamryn, and Blake hello for me also--I think Kamryn might miss me a little--I sure do miss everyone.
Love,
Mimi
No comments:
Post a Comment