This is it--OLD FAITHFUL. We got there just as it has gone off, so we waited a little over an hour and a half for the next one--it was worth the wait.
Looking across Yellowstone Lake--see the snowcapped mountains?
This is the mud volcano. It was actually a mud-spewing volcano for about 2 years--then it blew itself out and is just a hot, bubbling, ugly pool of mud. There may be a life lesson in there somewhere.
This is Upper Falls.
This is Lower Falls--it's a lot bigger than Upper Falls--both go into the Yellowstone River.
These are elk grazing on the square at Mammoth Hot Springs--still in Yellowstone. We actually saw some elk, 2 buffalo, some geese, a crippled fox or coyote, and some ground squirrels while in Yellowstone--not much wildlife activity.Hello from Helena Montana,
We are on the road again--this time to Glacier National Park at the top of Montana. Yellowstone was amazing. I am sending some pictures; hope ya'll enjoy them.
Devon, we are missing you, too. I know you are taking better care of my house and plants than I would, and I have no worries about parties--I do hope you and your friends are enjoying the pool and watching movies there.
Matt, I hope ya'll got that house--it sounds perfect.
Drew, we will get to Portland eventually--Grandpa is talking about some loop that goes into British Columbia, Idaho, and Montana . It's not supposed to be a long way. I don't know if we will take it or not--guess we'll decide while we are at GlacierNP. Anyway, the trip is fun--wish you all could see the scenery --I miss you.
We ate at a nice steak place in Helena tonight. We shared an entree of buffalo ribeye--it was about as fat as cow ribeye--I was surprised about that--it must have been a fat old buffalo. Helena is pretty small--about a block from the steak place (which was downtown) we saw a doe and fawn grazing on some grass--in the middle of downtown. They got it right when they call Montana the BIG SKY state. I like it a lot.
Hope everybody has a good Monday, and I will check in again tomorrow night.
Love,
Mimi
4 comments:
test
I figured out why I haven't been able to leave comments finally. You didn't think I've been this quiet because I have nothing to say did you? The house is still sold and we are supposed to get the official purchase agreement on the house in Lubbock in place today. It's hard to believe this move is really going to happen finally. The garage sale was quite successful. I made about $1000 but more importantly I got rid of a bunch of junk that I don't have to move or haul to a charity. The girls and I have been out in the garage boxing up the leftovers this morning so we still have some stuff to deal with. Just wanted to check in and let you know how much we are enjoying your blog. Wishing you happy and safe travels today.....
Those pictures are really good, however, I've noticed a lack of mullets and beautiful women. Are there no mullets in Montana? I didn't expect beautiful women, but mullets are universal! No house news as of yet, but hopefully we hear something today. On a side note, I watched Animal Planet last night on bears... did you know that a bear can decapitate a man in less than a second? Point being, watch out for bears.
Well, I'm patiently waiting for y'all to get here. If you want to go to the mountains, or volcano, or beach, let me know. We may even be able to take a trip to Crater Lake, again, only if y'all are interested. I have some favors I can call in if I need to get a day or two off for these misadventures, so I'll keep checking this blog for your progress. Other than that there isn't much going on here, I'm just livin' my life, doin' how I do.
Post a Comment